Welcome to GMG ColorServer
GMG ColorServer is a versatile program for a broad range of color management tasks. More than a standard color server, the software comes with high-end DeviceLink technology to get the most out of your PDFs and images, delivering press-ready files in reproducible high-end quality.
Note: Some of the features described in the following are not included in the standard GMG ColorServer version and require an additional license (GMG InkOptimizer, GMG ProfileEditor, GMG SpotColor Editor, workflow interfacing or job ticket processing). Please contact your local dealer for details.
- Automated data normalization to one output intent
- Automated color space conversion
- RGB-to-CMYK, CMYK-to-RGB separation
- CMYK-to-CMYK, RGB-to-RGB conversion or reseparation
- Automated ink saving with GMG InkOptimizer
- High-quality conversion of spot colors to the target color space (CMYK)
- Custom spot color creation with GMG SpotColor Editor
- Custom profile creation with GMG OpenColor or GMG ProfileEditor
- Intelligent, industry-standard PDF processing (integration and full support of the latest Adobe PDF Library)
- Central data storage for multiple clients
- Sophisticated load balancing
- Interface to third party workflow systems such as Dalim Twist or Enfocus Switch Prinergy
- Automated job processing of job tickets (XML/JDF)
- Press-ready flattened and color managed PDFs
- Smooth gradients, high detail in the shadows, bright and colorful images
- Preservation of the black channel and pure colors
- Consistent color appearance across different substrates
- Simple configuration of typical tasks in day-to-day production
- High performance through parallel job processing and automated workflows
The color management in GMG ColorServer allows you to perform an automated normalizing of different input color spaces (as defined by the embedded ICC profile of a PDF object) to the same output color space. Additionally, you can apply a color space conversion/reseparation (RGB-to-RGB or CMYK-to-CMYK) and optimize CMYK separations for the target printing process with an InkOptimizer profile. All steps are optional and can be combined with each other.
The intelligent color management algorithms in GMG ColorServer make sure PDF objects are processed only with matching color profiles: If you are using an RGB-to-CMYK separation profile in a conversion, the profile will be applied only to RGB data. (If, however, you defined a normalization with a CMYK Output ICC Profile, you cannot select an RGB-to-CMYK separation profile for the conversion, because the RGB data will already be normalized to CMYK.)